Craft CMS Developer Benchmark Results 2022
We’re so pleased to have been able to conduct the Craft Benchmark survey again. This year we’ve had 297 respondents from 35 countries – up 22% and 6% from last year respectively.
2022 has been a big year for Craft, with the release of both Craft CMS 4 and Craft Commerce 4.
We did this benchmark to:
- Give insight into the Craft CMS developer community
- Give ideas on how to use Craft CMS better
- Give ammunition for pitching Craft CMS to clients
We created this benchmark because:
- We're Craft CMS developers
- We believe the report will be helpful for the community
- We wanted to learn and get better at what we do – and hope you do too
And just to clarify – we have no association with Craft CMS or Pixel & Tonic.
Looking for last year's survey?
Who works with Craft CMS?
This section explores some aspects of who the Craft developer community is made of, covering business and demographics.
What describes you best?
Craft CMS tends to be used primarily by small agencies and freelancers, with 63% of respondents either working at or running an agency, and 23% being freelancers.
This is roughly the same as it was last year.
What size is your agency?
For those working at or owning an agency.
How many years of professional coding experience do you have?
Craft CMS developers tend to skew towards developers with more experience, rather than those just starting out.